Spotlight is on knowledge in today’s economy
- • Knowledge, Weightless, Information, Digital or Service Economy
- • Factors of production: Land, Labor, Capital, Intangibles (Knowledge)
- • Knowledge as useful Information (or Service)
- • Information as a “Public Good”
- • Information as Property
What is intellectual property?
- • An exclusive
- • property right
- • in intangible products
- • of investment, creative intellect, or labor
- • owned by the creator or by someone who purchased it from the creator
“In the age of the knowledge economy, the efficient and creative use of knowledge is a key determinant of international competitiveness, wealth creation and improved social welfare.” “An effective intellectual property (IP) system embedded within a national strategy which anchors IP considerations firmly within the policy-making process will help a nation to promote and protect its intellectual assets, thereby driving economic growth and wealth creation.” Kamil Idris, WIPO Director General
- Is Indigenous Knowledge Intellectual Property?
- All About Intellectual Property Attorneys
- The History of Intellectual Property Taxation
- Why Manage Human Capital Strategy ?
- How Do You Value Intangible Assets and Intellectual Property?
- Intellectual Property Stocks to Remain Hot
- Apple consortium beats Google to Nortel patents
- You: Navigating the road to riches
- Some thoughts on infrastructure in our cities
- Marshall Phelps Joins ipCapital Group Board of Directors – Former Intellectual Property Leader at Microsoft Brings World-Renowned Expertise to Firm